Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Check out this great video
Men's Challenge of the Smokies' Mission is to provide men with an effective and comprehensive Christian, faith-based solution to life-controlling drug and alcohol problems in order to become productive members of society. By applying Biblical principles, Teen Challenge endeavors to help people become mentally sound, emotionally balanced, socially adjusted, physically well, and spiritually alive.
The program consists of Group studies, Personal studies, Bible study, counseling, chapel and work. New life skills and coping skills are taught to give men “new tools” in their tool box to handle the stress and problems of life. At Men's Challenge of the Smokies, we believe that the success of a changed life is due to the “Jesus Factor”. 2 Cor. 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
Click on a file to download.
Please click here to download Adobe Reader for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
1. We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miraculous ministry, His atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His Ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return to earth, at which time He will judge the quick and the dead.
4. We believe the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Jesus Christ.
5. We believe in the ordinances of the church: Holy Communion and Water Baptism.
6. We believe in the infilling of the Holy Spirit, and reliance on His power working in and through us.
7. We believe the redemptive work of Christ on the cross divine healing of the human body through prayer and petition according to God's will.
8. We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a life of devotion and integrity.
9. We believe in the Blessed Hope, the imminent return of Jesus Christ followed by His reign on the earth for 1,000 years.
10. We believe in the resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
11. We believe the biblical order for human sexual expression as being between one man and one woman who have committed to a life-long marriage covenant (Gen. 2:24; Matt. 19:5). Any expression of human sexuality outside of the marriage covenant between one man and one woman is sin (Ex. 20:14; Lev. 18:22-23, 20:13; Matt. 15:19). God wants us to avoid sexual immorality and live holy and honorable live of faithfulness.
Teen Challenge was launched in 1958 from a small office in Staten Island, New York. Pastor David Wilkerson conducted street rallies on "gang turf," meetings through which many gang leaders and members were converted. Through this program, many street-hardened young men and women came to Christ, allowing God's Spirit to transform their lives. In 1958, many people thought David Wilkerson was crazy to try taking the gospel to drug-addicted teens in New York City. Today, few of those critics are willing to question the success of the Teen Challenge ministry. Teen Challenge has grown to include over 200 programs and numerous evangelism outreach centers in the United States and 1400 centers in 122 other countries. All Teen Challenge centers operate autonomously.